Collection of Personal Information
We collect and processes different types of information about you, including information that identifies, relates to, describes, or can be associated with you (known as “personal information”). This includes information that we collect directly from you, through automated collection technologies, from other sources, or personal information we derive based on other types of personal information we collect, as more fully described below.
Personal information you disclose to us:
- Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Information automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Sensitive Personal Information
We do not "sell" or "share" sensitive personal information about Californians or other state residents within the meaning of the CCPA and other US privacy laws, unless we have obtained prior consent or are legally obligated to do so. Additionally, we do not use sensitive personal information for any purposes that are incompatible with the disclosed purpose for which it was collected or other than those permitted purposes authorized by US privacy law. Our commitment includes not using sensitive personal information for inferring characteristics about you.
Use of Personal Information
We use personal information collected via our Services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Services that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and Contractual.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
We may also aggregate and/or anonymize personal information so that it will no longer be considered personal information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer reasonably identifies you or any other individual.
Disclosures of Personal Information
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Services, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Services over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Services. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Retention of Personal Information
We determine retention based primarily on the type of record being retained. However, because a particular category of personal information may appear in different types of records, each with different retention periods, it may not be possible to specify a universal retention period for each particular category of personal information. Instead, the criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
California "Shine the Light" Disclosure
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (California's “Shine the Light” law) permits customers that are California residents and who provide personal information in obtaining products and services for personal, family, or household use to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If applicable, this information would include the categories of personal information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared qualifying California personal information during the immediately prior calendar year. You may request this information once per calendar year. To make such a request, please contact us.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are files that are placed on your computer or mobile or handheld device (such as smartphones or tablets) when you visit certain pages on the internet or use certain mobile applications. They can be used to “remember” when your computer or device access this Site. Cookies are stored in your browser. The cookie will help the Site, or another website, to recognize your device the next time you visit. Most cookies won't collect information like a name or email address that directly identifies you as a person and will instead be used in efforts such as collecting more general information such as how visitors arrive at and use a Site. Cookies may, however, be used to create a profile of the visitor's activities on the Internet, and they can contain unique identifiers or any form of personal information.
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your device, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs, or pixel tags), in connection with our Site and with cookies to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, compile statistics about Site usage (including clicks and cursor movements), and engage in targeted advertising. We and our third-party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails we send, to help us with things like tracking email response rates, identifying when our emails are viewed, tracking whether our emails are forwarded, and customizing email or Site content.
Categories of Cookies
Our uses of such technologies usually fall into one of the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies, which may be set by us or third-party providers, are necessary for the website to function, and we do not offer an option for them to be switched off. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms, or they may be set when you simply load a page. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the Site will not work if you block them.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies, which may be set by us or third-party providers, mainly allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Site. If you block these cookies, we cannot use them to know when you have visited our Site and will be less able to monitor its performance.
- Functional Cookies. These cookies mainly enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you block these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting and Social Media Cookies. These cookies may be set through our Site by or in collaboration with our advertising and social media partners. They may be used by those companies mainly to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other sites. If you block these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
How we Keep Your Information Safe
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100 percent secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
Use of Services by Minors
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent's use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us
Your Privacy Rights
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services visit https://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Controls for Do-Not-Track Features
Last Updated: January 10, 2024